Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How we spent her special day.



We took an overnight trip on Randi Elizabeth's birthday. ( May 30th) to Shawnee State Forest. We had a wonderful time at the resort. Abby of course was in heaven with the option of both an indoor, and outdoor pool! On top of that, we got to spend the time with my cutie nephew Teddy.


Shawnee is truly a beautiful place. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice family get a way. Due to all the recent rain, the swimming lake area looked more like a mud pit, however I'm sure in the midst of summer, the beach lake is by far more appealing. But for our trip, this momma said NO WAY are you getting into that water. Doug was more interested in finding hiking trails. My brother in law Tom, with Teddy on his back, explored one trail with Doug for a little bit. They took the term " backpack trail" serious, considering little Tedster was the back pack.

We managed to stay fairly busy, and keep our thoughts both joyful and positive, for our angel. I guess I will always feel her birthday deserves just as much joy and planning as I would invest in my other kid(s) Birthdays. After all, it was a blessed day for the Hills.

0 comments: