Thursday, May 14, 2009

".....and it's a great day to be alive."

We had a fetal echo cardiogram done on Sawyer this afternoon. The doctor said everything looks good at this point, and we will have a follow up in 4 to 6 weeks, for another echo. This will be just as a precaution to check again with more time/growth. I can't really put into words what today has given me. I know at any time, you can be faced with a complication during pregnancy,but this alone gave me the strength to indulge in my excitement more, which I very much feel I deserve. Given what we have had to overcome ( daily), even letting myself be excited is hard. When people make random comments about the future, it pains me that I can not do the same. Part of our pain remains to be and will probably always be , our lost hopes, dreams and future with Randi. But if I've learned anything through it all, I've learned you have to celebrate the good days, and take the scary ones in stride. So, I'm celebrating this wonderful day. Here are a few pictures of our son.


I see you!
His manliness.

0 comments: